Leadership & Volunteer Opportunities
Committee Member Positions
- Communications Team
- Programming Team
- Sponsorship Team
- Membership Team
Board of Director Positions
Board of director positions is selected in late spring, with board members serving 13-month terms. Check out the top four reasons to volunteer or a former president’s post on the benefits of volunteering.
In this age of 280 character tweets and 3 minute YouTube videos, you may be looking for a right-sized volunteer opportunity.
We have those! Non-leadership volunteers may help out on a project-specific basis or may have a longer-term commitment that is less involved than a board position. Depending on the activity, volunteers may be rewarded with free event admission.
Examples of volunteer activities include:
- Event photography—taking pictures of events
- Live Streaming—live streaming during events
- Blog posts— a recap of events or social media trends
- Social media manager—support Promotions chair on one of our social properties
- Graphic artist—use Canva or another program to create artwork for online communications and promotions
- Videographer—create promo videos
- Registration—checking attendees into events
- Web content—update the website as needed
- Membership assistant—help maintain membership records and communications
- Email manager—weekly updates using MailChimp
- Volunteer coordinator—identify interested volunteers and ensure that volunteers are assigned to needed projects
- PR—creae and distribute press releases
- Social Media Manager— Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
If you want to volunteer or learn more about opportunities, contact us!