The College of Visual Art and Design (CVAD) at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Director for Departmental Marketing to join the Dean’s team to strategize and build a social media/web presence for the college. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for CVAD communications, including the CVAD social media, donor outreach materials, drafting/writing press releases, CVAD website oversite, working with CVAD’s University Relations, Communications & Marketing (URCM) media specialist.
- Preparing print materials, researching marketing activity options, assisting with special events.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of experience in communications, marketing, advertising, or public relations; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Thorough understanding of market segmentation, principles of marketing, integrated marketing communications principles and branding.
- Ability to think creatively and identify new integrated marketing opportunities.
- Ability to understand and effectively translate market research and other data.
- Extensive knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Ability to visually inspect products in multiple formats and assess and improve.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others.
- Proficiency in MS Office and requisite publishing, graphic design, and media tools.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 5 years of experience in writing, publications, social media, event planning and/or public relations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Click here to apply. Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application. This is a temporary position that is scheduled to end twelve months from date of hire.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.