The City of Plano is looking for a Marketing Specialist to join their team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implements a comprehensive marketing strategy that promotes the mission and vision of the Department.
- Assists in conceptualizing and producing marketing materials including website updates, brochures, and invitations departmental program and activities.
- Takes photographs for departmental programs and at events and creates short web videos to use in social media and marketing.
- Assists with the planning, organizing and implementation of events and activities and serve on committees, task forces, and other.
- Supports and encourages departmental mission, explains the departmental programs and describes opportunities.
- Collects statistics to create reports, newsletters, and other documents.
- Maintains knowledge of current programs and trends in marketing and assists with administrative duties.
- Coordinates the requisition of supplies and equipment for retail, promotion, marketing, etc.
- Prepares a proposed budget for area of responsibility and monitors expenditures and revenues.
- Promotes public awareness of department programs and services through preparation and distribution of newsletters, public addresses, video presentations, and other media.
- Educates the public through appropriate methods of communication regarding issues relevant to the mission and philosophies of the department.
- Preparing and deliver creative, timely, and professional messages through a variety of means and methods.
- Enters data, adds hours, scans and uploads files, and generates reports for tracking department/ event volunteers.
- Professionally represents the City at industry meetings, seminars, and conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Determines quality standards for marketing functions and makes decisions involving such.
- Responsible for making decisions regarding marketing strategies and budgets.
- Negotiates contract terms and determines proper specifications and equipment based on requests and needs.
Marketing Specialist- City of Plano
KNOWLEDGE AN SKILLS:
Knowledge of: Practices and principles of marketing, event planning, and promotion, public relations; managerial and budgetary practices; methods of training and evaluating assigned staff; website maintenance and online marketing concepts; graphic design and social media skills.
Skill in: Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing; Requires creativity, effective marketing skills, and public relations skills; using computer software programs including those used for word processing and presentation; writing clearly and concisely; editing and proofreading written materials; organizing and prioritizing work; working cooperatively with others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in sales, marketing, or related industry.
Apply here: http://www.plano.gov/585/Employment